Not the right address Only mentioned postcode is W9
We are looking to replace our existing wooden floors and carpets in our flat in Little Venice.
It is an open plan apartment on the top two floors of an old Victorian house. Currently a large part of the the living room is covered in carpet and it is very important to us that the resulting noise level from changing it to a wooden floor will not impact our neighbour downstairs-in the living room in particular as you can see below and in the attached photos and the video. Here is a recap of the individual areas. Please note that measurements are approximate:
- partially wooden floor and partially underneath in our flat
- please see pictures on the glass anchored to the floor that might cause some issues
- 92.6cm x 357.8cm = 3.5m2
- 115cm x 88.9cm = 1.0m2
- wooden floor
- we cannot move the built in kitchen units
- our bathroom is underneath (sound proofing not an issue)
274cm x 137cm = 4m2
- mainly carpet, with a layer of wooden floor around the corners of the room and connecting to the hallway
- storage room a level higher and skirting on one side is the wooden panel that runs around the living room
- 579cm x 345cm = 20m2
Total Area: roughly 30m2
In addition, some considerations we have is to only change the flooring in the living room and match off the finishing colour with the other already existing wooden floor. In particular, one concern is to level all floors across the flat given that most likely the depth of the new parquet with the new isolation will not match the old wooden floor and/or carpet in the other rooms.
The flat is fully furnished, but we would be willing to organize helpers to move the furniture from the living room to the kitchen for example and then back to the living room to commence the work in the kitchen after.
we would like to use an unfinished herringbone pattern that will make it easier to later match with any other wooden floor area that we cannot replace.
We are looking to start the project as soon as possible.